In a headline that in any other year would make no sense what so ever, but in 2020 its just another day. The United States formally gave notice that it would be leaving the World Health Organisation in the middle of a pandemic. 

Photo by
Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

Democratic Senator Bob Menendez, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, announced the move on Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/SenatorMenendez/status/1280556507365597190?s=20

US President Donald Trump has repeatedly criticised the WHO, claiming that China has "total control" over the organisation and allowed itself to be mislead during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic. The virus first emerged in the Wuhan province of China.

"Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization," Trump said in late May.

And from one world 'leader' to the next Brazil's Bolsonaro tested positive for Covid-19 overnight. 

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1280621492989046784?s=20

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday after months of downplaying the virus' severity.

Bolsonaro confirmed the test results while wearing a mask and speaking to reporters in capital Brasilia, and said he is already taking hydroxychloroquine - an anti-malarial drug unproven to effectively treat COVID-19.

"I'm well, normal. I even want to take a walk around here, but I can't due to medical recommendations," Bolsonaro said. "I thought I had it before, given my very dynamic activity. I'm president and on the combat lines. I like to be in the middle of the people."

The 65-year-old populist has often appeared in public to shake hands with supporters and mingle with crowds, at times without a mask. He has said his history as an athlete would protect him from the virus, and it would be nothing more than a "little flu" were he to contract it.

Read More - USA & WHO

Bolsanaro Positive for Covid

- Aljazeera